Cucumber provides a crisp and refreshing outer layer to a wrap full of flavorful ingredients. Creamy olive pesto, crunchy bell pepper, sweet tomatoes and shredded chicken all meld together creating the perfect little roll-ups. Perfect for lunch or to share at a party.
- 1/4 cup pesto (I used homemade but you can use store-bought if you like!)
- 1/2 cup California Black Ripe Olives
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 tomato
- 1–2 cucumbers
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the pesto and the California Black Ripe Olives. Pulse until the mixture has reached a texture that will allow you to spread it on the cucumber ribbons.
- Rinse out the food processor, then reassemble and place the bell pepper and tomato in the bowl of the food processor. Pulse 1-2 times until the pepper and tomato are finely chopped.
- Peel the cucumber into ribbons with a vegetable peeler. Simple hold the cucumber long ways (the top should be in your hand and the bottom resting on a sturdy surface). Take the peeler down the front of the cucumber to remove the skin and discard. Repeat this action creating ribbons of cucumber. When you reach the seeds, rotate the cucumber and start at a new spot.
- Next, lay one cucumber ribbon flat. Spread desired amount of olive-pesto onto the ribbon. Next add the tomato and bell pepper over the pesto. Finally, add the chicken to half of the cucumber ribbon.
- Roll the cucumber into a spiral starting with the half that has chicken in it and lay it crease side down on a plate or serving platter.
- Repeat until you have used all of the cucumber ribbons.
- Serve immediately
*I used chicken that I cooked in the crockpot with a touch of water and vegetable broth. Once I cooked the chicken breasts, I simply shredded the chicken with a fork. You could use whatever shredded chicken is convenient to you!
*Other forms of protein may taste great in this dish, but I have not yet tried them!
- Category: low FODMAP, lunch, appetizer, paleo-friendly, snack, whole 30
- Cuisine: low FODMAP, mediterranean