This is the kale salad for kale lovers and non-kale lovers alike! Smoky cumin, zesty lime, and a hint of jalapeno make this kale salad the perfect addition to any burrito bowl, side dish for cozy chili, or the simple base to any lunch.
- 10 oz bag or 8 loosely packed cups of Tuscan kale, rinsed and chopped (I usually purchase the 10oz bag from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Dump the rinsed, dried and chopped kale into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, jalapeno, cumin, and sea salt.
- Pour the lime dressing over the kale and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
If following the FODMAP elimination diet, please limit your serving to 1/2 cup of kale.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: low fodmap, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, vegan, paleo
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 61
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 140 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Protein: 2 g