- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp coconut oil, room temperature
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life is a great dairy free, gluten free option)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Line an 8×8 inch glass or metal baking pan with parchment paper and spritz with cooking spray. (I use avocado oil or coconut oil spray)
- Whisk the coconut milk and the maple syrup together in a sauce pan over high heat. You are making a homemade version of sweetened condensed milk. Bring the mixture to boil for 1 minute, stirring. After 1 minute turn the heat down to medium and allow the mixture to simmer for 18-20 minutes stirring frequently. The amount of liquid in the pan will reduce. Remove the sauce from the heat and allow to cool while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- With a stand mixer or electric mixer, combine the coconut oil and coconut sugar until creamy.
- Add in the flour and sea salt until thoroughly combined.
- Press this dough into the bottom of the prepared pan into a flat and even layer. Bake at 350 degrees for about 7 minutes.
- Remove the cookie crust from the oven and top with the walnuts, pecans, chocolate chips and coconut flakes. Gently press these into the crust.
- Pour the coconut milk and maple syrup mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 28-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once the bars are cool, cover with foil and place in the fridge overnight.*
- After cooling in the fridge overnight, remove the bars from the fridge and cut with a sharp knife into 16 squares and enjoy!
*It is essential that you allow these bars to cool in the fridge overnight.
**While many of the ingredients in this recipe are lower in FODMAPs, coconut flour and the overall recipe have not been tested for FODMAP content. Please make sure to listen to your body when consuming this treat 🙂
- Category: dessert, low FODMAP, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, vegan
- Serving Size: 1/16th of recipe
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 30 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Protein: 2 g