Low FODMAP Macaroni Salad puts a healthy twist on my Dad’s classic macaroni salad from my childhood. I used a lentil-based pasta, added some veggies and kept all the zip and flavor of this traditional picnic dish.
- 1/2 cup yogurt (lactose-free, Greek, and non-dairy work here)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz lentil macaroni (can use gluten free or regular macaroni), cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the macaroni, green pepper, carrot and chives to the dressing and mix to combine.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Yields: 3 1/2 cups total
Nutrition is calculated with non-fat Greek-style yogurt.
To make this a meal you can add your favorite protein, or serve in a larger portion.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: salad, side dish, low fodmap, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1/10th of salad
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 240 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 7 g