Zesty and refreshing potato salad with pesto, lemon juice and green beans.
- 28 oz or 1.75lbs small potatoes, cleaned cut into quarters with skins on
- 2 cups green beans, cleaned and cut in half
- 2 Tbsp pesto (homemade or store bought)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- juice of half lemon
- salt to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot covered with water. Place the lid on the pot. Bring the water to boil and reduce the temperature to a simmer for about 10-15 minutes. You will know the potatoes are done when they slide right off the fork when pierced. Remove the potatoes from the water and place in a large bowl, but reserve the water in the pot.
- Bring the water to a boil and place the green beans in the boiling water for 3 minutes. Prepare a large bowl of ice water. Remove the green beans from the water with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl of ice water to stop the green beans from cooking.
- Combine the green beans and the potatoes in a large bowl. Pour the pesto, lemon juice and salt over the potatoes and green beans. Gently fold the mixture together until everything is coated with the pesto. Add the basil to the mixture, and fold until combined.
- Serve warm or cold.
This can be made a day ahead of time and served chilled. We mixed our leftovers with scrambled eggs for a tasty breakfast the next day!
- Category: side dish, potatoes, low FODMAP, gluten free