Creamy pumpkin, sweet banana, warm cinnamon, and nutty pumpkin seeds make this Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal the perfect fall breakfast dish!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 1/2 cup oats, gluten free if necessary
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (your favorite milk will work here)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds on a rimmed baking sheet for about 5 minutes, or until fragrant. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Put a small amount of coconut oil onto a paper towel and rub it along the bottom and sides of a square glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking powder, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, almond milk, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet mixture over the oatmeal mixture and stir until combined.
- Place the banana slices along the bottom of the baking dish.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture over the banana slices.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or allow to cool thoroughly before storing for use later in the week.**
*You can sub 2 flax eggs for the traditional eggs in this recipe.
Nutrition is calculated using 2 eggs.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Category: breakfast, low fodmap, fall, gluten free,
- Cuisine: breakfast
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 154 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Protein: 9 g