Using quinoa flour instead of traditional wheat flour in this gooey, flavorful quinoa flour banana bread gives your body a boost of complete plant-based protein, magnesium and iron.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (or other natural nut butter)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp flax meal
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or spritz with coconut oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (quinoa flour, flakes, baking soda, and cinnamon).
- In the bowl of a mixer or a bowl that you can use a hand mixer with, combine the mashed bananas, peanut butter, almond milk, flax meal, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry mixer to the wet and mix until just combined with the mixer.
- Add the chocolate chips or pecans in by hand reserving a few for the top if you want.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
*Choose dairy free, gluten free chocolate chips such as Enjoy Life Foods.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 28 mins
- Category: breakfast, quick bread, bread, gluten free, dairy free, low FODMAP
- Serving Size: 1/14th
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 13 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 13 mg