- Olive oil cooking spray (I like to use my misto)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp fennel
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice*
- 4 bell peppers, tops and seeds removed**
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Chop and prepare all vegetables.
- Spritz a large skillet with olive oil cooking spray and heat to medium high heat. Cook the ground chicken for about 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently. Chicken should be cooked through.
- Next, add the seasonings (oregano through black pepper) the carrots, zucchini, and tomato. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the brown rice to the chicken and vegetable mixture and stir to combine.
- Arrange the bell peppers in a casserole dish so they stand up. Fill each pepper with the chicken, rice and vegetable filling.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes or until the center is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
*I like to make a batch of rice on the weekends to save time during the week for meals like this.
**Red bell peppers are lower in FODMAPs than green bell peppers.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but the ingredients in this recipe are used in amounts that are low in FODMAPs according to the Monash University app.
- Category: dinner, low FODMAP, gluten free, dairy free
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 pepper
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 166 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 26 mg