- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil $0.32
- 2 small zucchini, chopped $1.32
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped $0.99
- 4 carrots, chopped $0.32
- 1 potato, washed and chopped $0.59
- zest and juice of 1 lime $0.15
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped $1.00
- 2 tsp ground ginger $0.29
- 2 cans lite coconut milk (I prefer Trader Joe’s brand) $1.29
- 3 Tbsp low sodium Tamari $0.33
- 1/4 tsp black pepper $0.06
- 4 cups vegetable stock (I used homemade but priced an average box of stock) $2.76
- optional, fresh basil for garnish (not included in total price)
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the zucchini, bell pepper, carrots, and potato cooking for 2-3 minutes until they are slightly tender.
- Add the lime zest, lime juice, chives, ginger, coconut milk, tamari, and broth/stock. Stir and cover, bringing the soup to a boil over high heat. Once the soup is boiling, reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- To serve: serve as is, garnish with fresh basil or serve over brown jasmine rice or cauliflower rice.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: low FODMAP, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, budget-friendly
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 820 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Protein: 3 g