A blend of lean ground chicken, avocado, flavorful chives, smoked paprika, and chipotle pepper, come together in a delicious chicken burger perfect for any summer gathering.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 ripe avocado, smashed*
- 1 Tbsp chives
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chipotle pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Form the mixture into 6 patties that are relatively the same size.
- Spritz a large piece of foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the burgers on the prepared piece of foil.
- Place the foil with burgers on the heated grill or grill pan and cook the burgers for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until they have an internal temperature of 165 degrees fahrenheit.
Please note that 1/8 of an avocado is low FODMAP. If in the elimination phase of the low FODMAP diet or sensitive to avocado, use a very small avocado, or 3/4 of an avocado. Please listen to your own body and eat the foods that make you feel the best.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dinner, Grilling, Grilled, Summer, Whole 30, Paleo, Low FODMAP, Gluten Free
- Cuisine: American