This Vietnamese Bowl with Lemongrass Chicken is full of fresh produce, lots of flavor and makes for a completely satisfying meal. It resembles a deconstructed banh mi!
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown Jasmine rice
- For the lemongrass chicken:
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp dried lemongrass
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/4 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- dash of black pepper
- 1 chicken breast
- For the vegetables in the bowl:
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, sliced (seeds can be removed to reduce heat)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 2 tsp dry roasted peanuts
- For the dressing:
- 1 1/2 chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl combine the chives, lemongrass, ginger, lime zest, salt, olive oil, fish sauce, maple syrup, and black pepper. Place the chicken breast in the seasoning mix. Allow to sit while the oven preheats to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Once the oven is 400 degrees, place the chicken on a non-stick baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees fahrenheit.
- While the chicken and rice are cooking, prepare the vegetables and mix the dressing ingredients together (chives, rice vinegar and olive oil).
- When the chicken is cooked, cut it into bite-sized pieces and then assemble each bowl.
- To assemble each bowl place: 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 cup mixed greens, 1 Tbsp fresh mint, 1 Tbsp parsley, 1/4 jalapeño, 2 Tbsp shredded carrots, and 2 Tbsp cucumber. Top with 1 tsp peanuts and half of the dressing.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: bowl, low fodmap, gluten free, dairy free, lunch, dinner
- Cuisine: vietnamese
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 404
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 924 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 48 g
- Protein: 25 g
Leave a comment
I love lemongrass! What a delicious dinner bowl!
It has such a unique flavor!! 🙂 Thanks, Rebecca!