Remember when I teased you with a delicious looking breakfast on instagram a couple of days ago?
Well, I used the snow days this week to really put some action towards some of my 2014 goals. One of those goals?
Create more videos for the blog!
Below the first ever cooking video created and produced in the very kitchen of Treble in the Kitchen 🙂 Enjoy!
Sweet PotatoBreakfast Scramble
- 1 sweet potato, sliced
- half a jalapeno chopped with the seeds removed to lessen the spiciness
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 big hand full of spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs and 2 egg whites
- half an avocado to top at the end
- Start by heating a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. It’s important that it is non-stick because we are not adding any extra oil to this dish.
- Place the thinly sliced potatoes on the bottom of the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place the jalapenos and onions on top.
- Set the timer for 2 minutes and wait for the potatoes to brown.
- Once the timer goes off, flip the potatoes and try to get the other side of the potato to face the bottom of the pan. Set the timer for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat step 4 about 3 times or until the potatoes are cooked through and some are crispy.
- Add the handful of spinach and allow the spinach to wilt.
- Add the eggs and egg white mixture and allow to cook for a little bit before stirring. Gently fold to cook all the eggs and integrate into the rest of the ingredients.
- Once the eggs are cooked through, put on your favorite plate and top with half an avocado…Enjoy!
Questions of the Day:
- What kind of videos would you like to see on the blog?
- Have you made any goals for 2014?
- Have you had a chance to put any of them into action yet?
Leave a comment
[…] Peanut Butter and Peppers, and Best Breakfast Potatoes Ever via Brownies and Zucchini bottom row: Sweet Potato Breakfast Scramble from Treble in the Kitchen, and Breakfast Burrito Quiche from just a one girl […]
[…] Casserole from Shugary Sweets, Farmer’s Market Breakfast Tacos from Layers of Happiness, Sweet Potato Breakfast Scramble from Treble in the Kitchen, Fluffy Vanilla Chai Pancakes from Lauren Lives Healthy, and Simple […]
[…] Sweet potato breakfast scramble with avocado and fruit topped with cashew butter. […]
You’re adorable, Tara! Would love to see a video of one of your favorite workouts.
Thanks, Jessie 🙂
This sounds delicious!! Also, your video is awesome. I would be SO awkward if I tried doing a vlog ;).
Hannah, you are too sweet! Thanks for watching 🙂 I am SURE you would not be too awkward!
Great job on your video!!! You’ve inspired me to think about videos 🙂 I’d love to see more cooking/at home workouts/ or some of your fun pinterest crafts!
Thanks Sarah! Let me know if you have questions about making videos, I am no expert but I could try to help! I definitely plan on including workouts, but I had not thought of doing my pinterest crafts…adding to the list 🙂
LOVE THIS! You are so cute. More videos 🙂 I think an at-home workout one would be great!
Thanks, Amy!! There are workouts coming in the future 🙂
You know my goals for 2014! (Ours are very similar!) I have been wanting to do some videos on my blog for a while too! I don’t know much about inputting videos on the web, but I may need to just bite the bullet and give it a shot! Great post girl! 🙂
YES! It’s not as hard as you think. E-mail me if you have any questions!
Hi Tara: Great video:) I’m a fan of any kind of breakfast scramble– so definitely will be try this one:)
Thanks, Aimee!! Let me know if you try it and what you think about the recipe!