This Roasted Sweet Potato Salad is comforting, filling and the perfect side with your favorite protein. Enjoyed warm or cold with a sunflower seed based dressing kissed with mint for a flavorful combination.
- 3 cups cubed sweet potato*
- 2 Tbsp sunbutter/sunflower seed butter**
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp low sodium Tamari
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the cubed sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Once the oven is heated, roast at 375 for 30 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, blend the sunflower seed butter, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, low sodium Tamari, and mint in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Toss the roasted sweet potatoes with the dressing and serve immediately or chilled.
*the half cup serving of sweet potato in this side dish is considered a safe low FODMAP amount for those who are sensitive. This is based on the Monash University guidelines.
**2 Tbsp of sunflower seeds is considered low FODMAP. I prefer to make my own sunflower seed butter because many store brands contain sugar. To make the amount for this recipe: Put 1/4 cup sunflower seeds in a food processor and blend, scraping the sides until smooth.
This recipe has not been tested for FODMAP content, but ingredients are used in amounts compliant with the Monash University App and guidelines. Please eat the foods that make you feel your best!
- Category: side dish, gluten free, grain free, dairy free
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 274 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Protein: 3 g