Roasted butternut squash and carrots blend together with coconut milk to make a silky smooth soup full of curry flavor.
- 3 cups butternut squash, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp yellow curry powder
- 2 Tbsp dried chives
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 14 oz can light coconut milk
- 1 cup water (plus any extra so that the soup is your desired consistency.)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the butternut squash, carrots, coconut oil, curry powder, chives, cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a large plastic bag. Shake until contents are mixed thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat. Pour the contents of the plastic bag onto the baking sheet and spread in a single, even layer. Roast at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes (until the vegetables are fork tender and slightly golden).
- Once the vegetables are cooked, place them in a food processor or high-powered blender with the red pepper flakes, coconut milk, and water. Puree until smooth, but be cautious of the hot contents.
- Pour the pureed soup into a medium sized pot or pan on the stove and heat until the soup is completely heated through.
- Garnish with a drizzle of coconut milk, pumpkin seeds, thai basil (as pictured), and/or toasted unsweetened coconut flakes (as pictured) if desired, or enjoy plain! We love to eat this with a kale salad to round out the meal.
- Category: soup, dinner, meal, lunch
- Cuisine: paleo friendly, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, grain free, dairy free